| She LOVES her new fedora! |
![]() |
| Ready to ride |
![]() |
| Daddy takes the lead! |
| Sunday booze cruise |
| Uncle B taking her for a ride on her birthday bike. |
| Another Sunday stroll (sans booze) |
Landry girl is back happy and giggling like crazy. It's absolutely amazing how teething takes over her sweet little personality and makes her a miserable little monster for a few days. Needless to say, we are relieved -- and drinking far less vodka these days...
This past weekend was relaxing and fun. Yesterday we had brunch at Tracy and Van's house with our routine brunch club friends. When we got home we took Landry on a ride to the park in her new wagon from Mimi and Papa.
While my mom was in town last month she bought Landry this swanky covered wagon and the string bean loves it! We pack it with her stuffed animals, toys, and snacks and wheel her around the neighborhood. It's the cutest thing ever. Especially when we run into a dog. She adores dogs and is just mesmerized when we pass one on the sidewalk since she's at eye level.
I recently found Landry a straw fedora. I couldn't resist as a huge hatter lover myself. She is clearly my girl. She loves it! Her little hat hangs below one of mine on the kitchen hall tree and every morning we put them on during breakfast (she's currently obsessed with scrambled eggs, avocado and peaches). I'm usually playing music and I'll swing her around the kitchen on my hip before we sit down to eat. She laughs out loud and just loves pulling on my hat. It's such a special time that I cherish so much.
This week the baby proofing officially began. We finally succumbed to the baby gate at the top of the stairs. The outlets all have clear plugs now and this weekend Michael will be installing locks on the kitchen and bathroom drawers after the peanut got her fingers stuck in one this weekend.
She's crawling like crazy and pulling up on the coffee table. She's not walking or really showing any interest yet. But if you hold her between your legs she'll take baby steps while smiling from ear to ear.
Her latest thing is waving bye bye and clapping. She is also learning how to copy noises and words. If I say no no, she now says no no. This week she also started pulling the iPhone up to her ear. I was shocked the other day when she did this for the first time as we've never taught her the trick. She must be watching our every move! She's definitely getting smarter by the day which makes us realize we need to keep a watchful eye on her and watch our actions and words!
Work is crazy right now so I'm cherishing weekends more and more with the family. On Saturday we spent quality time together and even hit a street fair downtown. Michael scored a vintage woven rocking chair and ottoman for the man cave (Michael is a nut for rocking chairs -- lucky Landry!) and he bought me a pair of brass figurines from India for the entry as an early Mother's Day present.
This week is a whip as I'm working around the clock on the lodge on top of helping the family pull together an Austin apartment for two granddaughters at UT in Austin. I'm there a couple days this week and very much looking forward to a relaxing Mother's Day weekend back in town with the fam.
Even better, next week I'm in California for a week to visit family. I cannot wait to see my parents' new place and visit with all of my loved ones. Landry and I are going to have some serious beach time. I'm counting down the days!


No comments:
Post a Comment