![]() |
| Landry consoling her buddy Blakely |
![]() |
| Learning to crawl down the stairs |
| Toasting Todd's new drive in-movie theater |
![]() |
| Memorial Day play date with the twins |
![]() |
| Landry and Gabriella loved the water, but Charlie wasn't a fan |
![]() |
| The girls start swim lessons next week! |
The past week has been another busy one, especially since I've been playing catch up from being away for a week in California.
Thursday I flew to Missouri for the day to help select stains, light placement, fireplace details, etc. It was a long day, we didn't arrive back in Dallas until 8 p.m. (luckily Jerry bought his favorite -- and the most delicious -- Chinese food for the plane ride home). Michael has been so wonderful helping me tackle this job and all of the crazy scheduling it requires.
Friday I spent the day with Landry. We had a fun girls day that included a play date with Morgan and Blakely. I can't believe she's already two months old! The girls were so sweet together. Landry was so curious about her and far more gentle than I expected. At one point, Blakely was crying and Landry even reached out to console her.
We really relaxed this weekend spending a lot of time at home. I spent some time with Landry working on crawling up and down the stairs. We don't let her on the main stairway alone, but we have a sunken living room downstairs and I want her to maneuver the steps on her own. She was very timid at first but I finally got her to take the plunge by placing my iPhone on the floor ahead of her. Of course she wanted to snatch it up and wiggled her way down the step in three seconds flat.
Saturday night we hired a sitter to visit Fort Worth for movie night with Paula, Todd, Jon, and his friend David. Todd just opened a drive-in movie theater that's been in the works for as long as I've known him. I still remember one of our first double dates and him spilling the beans on his pipe dream. It was so fun to see it come to life, not to mention it's truly the coolest drive-in I've ever seen. We are so excited and thrilled for him! The three amigos (Landry, Charlie and Gabriella) will no doubt grow up running around the grounds.
Today we got all of the kiddos together for some water time in the twins' new pool and then dinner. The girls loved splashing around (Charlie, not so much)! It was the perfect, low key, Memorial Day!





No comments:
Post a Comment