Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bangs, bows, and swings
















It seems like Landry's little bangs grew in overnight.  She's also graduated from headbands to big girl bows.  So far, she doesn't try to pull them out so I'm milking this stage as long as I can!

This week we had a lot of fun.  On Wednesday I took her to lunch with my friend Nicolette and her eight month old son Henry.  The weather was beautiful so we sat on a patio.  Landry was in awe of the little guy and loved staring at him.  It's so fun to watch her interact with other little ones, even if it's just smiling or trying to touch their face.

Afterwards I took her on a few errands around town before meeting up with Paula and the twins for another play date.  From my car's trunk to store counters, she just hangs out and joins me like a big girl.  She's so well behaved people can't believe it.  I am so lucky she is such a pal and doesn't really fuss.  I never saw her lack of napping as a benefit but during days we're on the go (or when talking to friends stuck to really strict schedules) I realize what a blessing it actually is.

Landry had so much fun with Charlie and Gabriella.  The more they hang out, the more fun they have together.  At one point Landry put her arm around Gabriella as they played with a toy.  Paula and I were melting!

Yesterday I took her to lunch with my friend Kari who is due in late May with a little boy.  She's house hunting and I took her to see a home that the team that remodeled our house recently completed.  Although it's a great place, we're hoping they find a place closer to us so the kiddos can all run around together.  Her sister is one street over and due in July with a little one so it could be one, big, fat, block party around here soon!

Last night we had dinner at our friends' house that have five kiddos, the youngest being two months younger than Landry.  We brought along the peanut and she hung out in the playroom with Joanne's kids all night while the adults had dinner and wine.  We were there until 10 p.m. and Landry didn't even yawn once!  We have a real rock star on our hands.  Luckily when we got home she took a bottle and went down quickly.

Our night wasn't the smoothest.  She woke up a couple times with the sniffles.  It seems the downside from play dates and park outings will be the germs she takes home from them.  But, the socializing for an only child is well worth it in my book.  Plus, she is so happy around other kids.  It's such a pleasure to watch!

This weekend we're going to show Bradley around town a bit and tonight we have a date night with friends (it's Bradley first official babysitting gig).  Lord help him if there's a poopy diaper!

We've had a lot of fun hanging out with him over the past three weeks.  He's been a huge help and it's so nice having some family around.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the bow!! What a cutie! Must be so fun to have Bradley around now - tell him hi for me! :)

    ReplyDelete