Tuesday, March 6, 2012
38 weeks!
I can't believe a week from today, I will more than likely be waking up to Landry in my arms.
I feel like the past few weeks have gone by in a flash. Is this what the next years are going to be like? I sure hope not, I want to savor each and every moment at a more manageable pace.
A lot has happened since my last post. I visited my doctor last Thursday and she did a quick sonogram to check Landry's position. Sure enough, she's still snuggling up on my upper right side tight as can be.
Friday I have my last appointment and its the biggie when Michael and I learn the ins and outs of delivery day and how to prep for that morning (for example, I can't eat or drink anything for eight hours leading up to the surgery -- yikes -- I truly don't know how that's possible with my ravenous appetite as of late).
I'm feeling amazing these days. I have no major aches or pains to complain of and am sleeping really well with the exception of Phoebe girl waking me up because of her snuggling so tight next to my tummy that I get warm or uncomfortable because I can't move.
Last week I found out some over-the-moon news: my best friend Courtney is having a little girl! I had an inkling the entire time but am so excited to know for certain that we will have little girls together. I literally can't wait for our future adventures. These little girls have no idea the fun ahead of them!
To add to that, Ariana found out last Thursday that her little Kasra is really a little Layla! Yep, her doctor was wrong about the sex and she's having a girl, too. I happened to have had dinner with her the night before (we indulged in a true Southern feast with fried chicken, chicken fried steak, mac 'n cheese, the list goes on...) her appointment where we discussed "his" nursery, etc. She has a lot of returns in her future! But I'm selfishly thrilled for all of the girlie play dates ahead!
Last Friday I visited my hair colorist for a little touch up knowing it will be a while before I see her again and my roots were a little rough. I decided to, gasp, go darker for a minor ombre look. I love it! The color is really natural and will grow out nicely. I'm really enjoying my new tresses with this huge new chapter in life ahead. New baby, new look! Was not about to chop it all off for a "mom cut" like many girls do ;)
This weekend Michael and I did a lot of prep work from getting the car washed and installing the car seat (not easy, fyi) to packing my overnight bag for the hospital. We also made sure to take some quality time for ourselves indulging in a pancake-filled brunch, relaxing in the cabana by the pool, and playing some serious Scrabble! We are trying to make the most of this last week sans baby. Last night we grilled out by the pool and had a yummy Mexican dinner together.
This week is my first week off from Farrow & Cobb. Yesterday I had coffee with my friend Joslyn and today is my final lunch with Paula pre-babies. Apart from finishing some freelance assignments and prepping my taxes, I'm trying to spend as much time with my loved ones as possible to fill my time and catch up. I wouldn't want to spend this week any other way. Even better, the weather has been gorgeous, sunny and around 80 every day. And, the trees are blooming (our wisteria is getting buds on it, too!).
Landry is truly being born the best time in Dallas. For not planning the peanut, her timing is absolutely perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment