Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Saturday play date in the cabana with friends a few weeks ago

Hanging with our friends Matthew (Fran, not pictured) and Abigail 

Barrett being silly with Michael's sunnies at brunch

Michael towing Bubba around the kitchen in his suitcase after a work trip

Landry building a castle in the playroom in her mermaid costume


Barrett's favorite activity: bath time

A little snuggle session with my boy while Michael was out of town
and Landry was at Nana's house


Captured these sweet shots after putting his shoes on last weekend



Busted! Playing with the agate coasters when
 he knows it's a no no! 

Duck feeding putting last weekend



Cookie date with my favorite people before
our park play date


This kid really needs to cheer up


The kids loved playing in my Moroccan rugs post delivery





He's obsessed with feeding himself these days.
It's a total mess but so cute to watch!

Mother's Day morning snuggles with my girl and champagne cocktail

Landry insisted on wearing my hot pink turban while
coloring this morning in the kitchen. Perfectly normal request in my book!

Post Mother's Day lunch with my monkeys.  They had
no interest being in my lap with a bunch of fish swimming behind us.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!  We had a lovely lazy day around here: champagne cocktails with breakfast, a late lingering lunch, movies in bed and a homemade lemon drop post dinner.  Great day in my book!

To my mom, grandmothers and mother-in-law: I love you all and am so thankful to have you in my life. To my husband: I'm so thankful you made me a mom and that I get to share this crazy parenting journey with you.  And to my kiddos: You are my entire world and I love you both more than I ever could have imagined.

The last three weeks have been a bit of a blur. We leave in ten days (who's counting?!!!) for California for a much needed vacation so I've been working around the clock to have some serious time off.  I have two installs in the next nine days in addition to loads of flea work (the application for our next show went out last week and we are almost half full already!).  Not to mention my Rockport install next month...

Luckily my new assistant is working right into the fold; I'm so happy to have her on board.  The new office is an absolute dream and I'm loving being so close to home and the kids.  Landry spends a lot of time there with me.  She loves to "decorate" the office.  Translation: She loves to move all of my stuff around and make a big fat mess but I'm so proud of her styling aspirations that I let her do her thing and then quietly move it all back when she leaves.

We had a double date with friends Friday night but spent the entire rest of the weekend with the kiddos.  From frozen yogurt outings and park time to building Lego castles in the playroom -- Michael and I are pooped!

Last weekend Michael was out of town.  I planned plenty of activities to keep our days happy and happening!  Friday night my friend Kym holed up for dinner and cocktails with one of her daughters; Saturday night I kept our standing sitter to relish in a girls night out with the other spouses from the boys' weekend.  Sunday I had a fun park play date with my neighbor Allie and her two girls.  Although the kids and I had a ball with Michael gone,  I was very happy when he got home!

The kids are growing like weeds.  Tomorrow they both have routine doctor checkups and I'm curious to see where they fall (I bet that Barrett weighs more than Landry).  Barrett is starting to talk.  Tonight he said "Papa" over and over on the phone with my parents.  Little did he know it's MOTHER'S DAY, not Father's Day!  He's running around the house and climbing on just about anything in sight.  But at the same time, he's so sweet and blows kisses like it's his job.  He's such a joy right now.  I can't get enough of him.

Landry is becoming a little girl more and more.  Her vocabulary is amazing.  She blows me away everyday with some word -- or teenage phrase -- out of left field.  She loves to paint, go to ballet, swim like a fish and play dress up with her magnetic dollies.  She loves her daddy and wants to build Lego princess castles every night before bed with him (I'm not allowed).

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  And to all the mommies, Happy Mother's Day!








No comments:

Post a Comment