Saturday, October 4, 2014

Finally, it's Fall!


Selfie with Barrett before hitting some antique stores
while Sissy sleeps





Sunday grocery store run with the fashionista
(she picked out everything here, including the ballet shoes)

While the girls grocery shopped, the boys
cheered on the Cowboys (clothing optional)

She loves to wear my hats almost as much
as turning their boxes into drum sets

Giddy before ballet class

Park time with the tots last Friday 

How cute are our matching crochet shoes?

Just a typical morning around our house...

BBQ pit stop on our way to the lake house
last weekend

Baking cookies at the lake, one of her favorite traditions
(healthy eating goes out the door in Chandler)

Busted her sneaking a cookie

Playing on the porch one morning.  Our slate
coffee table doubles as a chalk board at the lake




Barrett has two teeth!  Sweet thing can't stop drooling

Post ballet group shot with Charlie and Gabriella

Playing peek-a-boo after loosing electricity during
this week's crazy storm

Fun flea market finds for the Jones lodge install later this month


Pancakes with my favorite people this morning

Typical second snap shot post-smiles
I'm so pumped it fall!  This is by far my favorite time of the year (hello, Bailey's spiked coffee, pumpkin patches and fur vests!).

Last weekend we hit the lake to ring in the season and get in some good quality family time.  We had a ball doing the usual -- baking cookies, chowing down on BBQ, hula hooping in the yard and watching movies late.  This was the first time Landry cried leaving saying she didn't want to go to Dallas.  Although I hate to see her sad, I'm thrilled she loves the house so much.

The past few weeks have been crazy at work.  We are gearing up for the flea in a month as well as an huge install at the Missouri lodge in three weeks.  I only got the green light on the lodge project while in Hawaii so the fact we're pulling thing thing off (it has 14 beds, alone!) is a miracle!  Although it's been a blast to buy for, I will be so relieved when it's over and the 150-plus emails a day subside.  Remote projects are so much work!

The kids and I leave for California next week, which we're thrilled about.  I'm working with my Newport client for a week and then Michael and I have a wedding out there the following weekend.  I'm so looking forward to hanging out with friends and family and spending time at the beach.

Barrett officially has two teeth!  He hasn't skipped a beat, he's taking the pain like a champ.  His hair is really starting to grow in, too.  One day I came home this week to him sporting a mini mohawk.  Cristina loves to get creative with both kids' hair!

Landry is becoming a little lady more and more each day.  She's speaking in full sentences most of the time, which is so fun to hear.  She's starting to get interested in dressing herself and comes up with the craziest color and pattern combinations.  Her current obsessions are ballet, the park, balloons, markers, her doll Vicky, and the show Little Einsteins.

She's still in the thick of the terrible twos.  Some moments she's perfectly lovely.  Other times she's a monster in boho-chic clothing.  Her outbursts are usually short-lived but they can be very challenging.  I'm looking forward to this phase passing!

This weekend we were headed to the lake but Jerry gave us Cowboys tickets so we're going to do that instead.  With a schedule now wide open we're planning to just hang out with the kids, grab some pumpkins for the front yard, and find ways to enjoy the perfect weather outside.  This is my absolute favorite time of year in Dallas (bye bye 100-degree temps and mosquitoes!).

Hence, that's why Michael and I got married October 9th.  I can't believe we're celebrating our four-year anniversary this week.  How time flies!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  Big hugs from the Cobb Crew!





No comments:

Post a Comment