| RIP gorgeous Phoebe girl |
| Lovin' our new front yard |
| The fountain (thanks to Michael)! |
![]() |
| Landry sporting my new necklace before bedtime |
![]() |
| Phoebe's final pic |
![]() |
| Breakfast fun with my babe |
| This smile lights me up every time! |
![]() |
| Cruising in a cool cart shopping for pumpkins |
![]() |
| Happy girl |
The past week has not been the best. Yesterday, we put down sweet Phoebe. I still can't believe she's not on my lap as I write this post.
To make a very long story short, she had a chronic illness that made us finally come to grips that she would be better off in kitty heaven. It was the toughest decision of my life and I have been a ball of tears all week about it. I have had her for eight years and she was the sweetest most gorgeous cat I've ever known. My days won't be the same without her. I will miss her every morning at my door waiting to say good morning and every night curled by my side as I watch TV or type away.
During the heartbreak, there were some fun times over the past week too. Last Friday we had a lovely dinner out with friends and Saturday Paula and Todd invited us over for a cookout play date.
Sunday Michael had a one-on-one day with Landry while I hit the lake house to check on progress and meet with contractors. The place is starting to really shape up and look so cute. I so wish it was ready now to enjoy some quiet downtime this weekend while still weepy.
This week was very busy with Jones job tasks (in addition to the lodge, I helped Karen pull together her backyard for a baby shower yesterday). Luckily, I got to come home mid-week to a new, stunning, (finally finished) front yard. We hired a landscaper back in July to whip our front yard into shape. We had never tackled it since moving in and it was a project I always wanted to complete once I felt a little more settled inside.
Michael actually found the inspiration -- this gorgeous antique fountain at a local store near his work -- and we accented it with leafy green plants, rosemary, and holly. It turned out absolutely gorgeous; I still can't believe I get to live in this house when I drive up front!
Today I took the day off to spend time with Landry and perk up my spirits. We had breakfast at my favorite cafe and then shopped a local market for pretty pumpkins and gourds. We placed them in all of our new pots this morning and the yard looks so festive.
Phoebe used to wait by the arched window in our front sun room for us to get home each day. It sure wasn't the same driving up today...
Last night Jon, one of my best friends, took me to this delicious new Mexican restaurant which helped me find my smile. Michael and I plan to make the weekend extra fun with quality family time to help make the days pass a little faster and happier.
I'll be 24 weeks -- six months! -- on Sunday, which is also very good news. Barrett is kicking more and more each day. It's so thrilling to feel him move and the sweet sensation is an instant mood lifter.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.





No comments:
Post a Comment