Tuesday, September 17, 2013

22 weeks

Last weekend we toured Bradley's new apartment
and then had brunch in his hood.  His place is cute!

My little speed demon (on a bike, anyway)!


I walked into my bedroom this weekend to find Landry
cracking herself up in our mirror bedside tables

Brunch with Uncle B before hitting the lake

Can't wait to cuddle up with family and friends
 in our cute little cottage this fall!

When daddy's away, the girls will play!  Michael was with a handful of guys at his family's cabin this weekend so Landry and I had a fun-filled four days with friends.

My girlfriend Jaclyn kicked off the fun by bringing dinner over to the house Thursday from her favorite little Thai place.  The next morning we had coffee with my friend Kari and hit a couple shops to help her pull her son's nursery together (we're meeting tomorrow to walk through her new house and make a list of to do's to get started on, too).

Friday night I cooked a big pot of my mom's famous tortilla soup and Bradley came over for dinner.  It was great catching up with him.  He got some quality time with Landry and even took her for a spin on her cute purple bike he bought her for her birthday.

Saturday I shopped for clients all day and then kicked up my heels at Paula's house for a play date with the kiddos.  We noshed on Italian while the three amigos played until they were completely tuckered out and ready for bed.

Sunday we met up with Bradley for brunch before I dropped the peanut off with my in-laws to meet my contractor at the lake house.  Michael met me out there (it's just 30 minutes or so from his cabin).  The house is still in demo mode but starting to shape up.  They've started painting the exterior, finished scraping the interior ceilings and removed all of the old countertops, carpet, and a couple partial walls.  It's going to be so cute when it's finished; I can't wait for install next month!

Yesterday I had an all-nighter at the lodge.  We took off at noon and didn't get home until 11 p.m. Luckily, we got a ton done so it was well worth the trip but I'm still dragging from the fun-filled weekend, day trip to the lakehouse and then crazy day at the lodge.

Sweet Barrett Steven has logged some major miles in this tummy!  I saw my doctor last week and got to hear his heartbeat.  Everything is going well right now except my lower back is really bothering me at night.  Late at night I feel him move from time to time but expect that to really rev up in the next couple of weeks.

Landry turned 18 months last week.  She loves school and has totally adjusted to her new schedule.

This Sunday I was getting dressed in our closet and placed her at my heels so I could keep my eyes on her.  She pulled herself up to Michael's shoe shelves and started playing with his laces (like she does often).  All of a sudden I noticed her holding his shoes and just standing there with no assistance.  I clapped and cooed and she was so excited at my reaction she just stood there for 30 or 45 seconds.  She stood on her own a few more times over the course of the day and even took a single step a couple of times.

Fingers crossed she'll be walking soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment