| Homemade ginger margarita to combat the woos of teething (for me, not Landry of course) |
![]() |
| Happy swinging girl |
| New jobs, new do! |
She has two bottom teeth coming in right now. Her symptoms are classic from fever and finger biting to potty problems and puking. Luckily her sleep has been fairly decent but it's just so sad watching her cry (sometimes scream and shake) in such pain.
On the up side, she's starting to stand straight and pull up in her crib. We had to lower the crib so she wouldn't fall out in the morning while impatiently waiting for somebody to scoop her out of bed. She's growing like a weed. I bought her a ton of new clothes last week because she was nearly too long for everything in her closet. Which, on the not so fun side, means I had to box up another big load of cute threads she can no longer wear.
On Saturday we hosted a dinner party at the house with my college girlfriends and their husbands. Hadley and Eric were in town from Colorado with their new little boy Graham. He's about six months and already crawling all over the place. Landry is still not interested in crawling (scooting and sticking her booty in the air, yes). Even so, we had a net installed on the pool this week so when the time comes, we don't have to worry about her falling in.
Sunday Michael and I took the baby to brunch and then by the park for a little swing time. She loves that darn bucket swing! We made it a family day hanging out together, potting plants, and enjoying the peanut outside since the weather was so nice.
Another thing she loves to do right now is scrunching up her nose and sniffing/blowing air out. It's the strangest thing. A couple of weeks ago she started this funny little facial expression. We think it's hilarious and copy her to which she thinks it's cute and copies back. It's such a riot.
She's also started giving kisses. She's not perfect at it but she'll get in a mood and give several little pecks on the lips if you encourage her.
While Landry has been having some milestone moments, so has her momma! For one, I cut about seven inches off of my hair. Yep, I officially have a mommy cut.
Last week I put in my notice at DailyCandy. I'm officially hanging up my cap on my five year anniversary mid-April. It's a bittersweet decision for me but the right thing. I've actually considered the idea for a year or so but the time feels right and I have so much on my plate that it's the easiest thing to let go of.
Part of the reason for my decision was to focus on the flea's expansion. It looks like a deal will be officially reached this Thursday and from there work life will be all about growing the business in its new home and format.
But then, in typical Brittany fashion, another thing landed on my plate. A high profile Dallas family has hired me to decorate their Missouri ranch. I met with them today and it's one of those projects you simply can't turn down. Not only for the experience, but the design style is right up my alley and family is very fun to work with.
So, bye-bye "new pace", hello Cristina! I've hired our nanny full time for the next four months to work on this massive house -- in Missouri! -- as well as the flea. Thank goodness my other design client just finished up last week.
But, that's how we like to roll around here. Never ever a dull moment.
Saturday my mom arrives for Landry's birthday party on Sunday. I haven't done a single thing for the party yet except order some cake balls from my favorite place. I'm keeping it super simple and hoping that a baby plunging her face in a cake will be enough entertainment for this crowd.
I can't even begin to wrap my head around the fact that Landry is one. Even when she's a little monster teething, she is the best thing that ever happened to Michael and me. I love her more than I ever could have imagined. Parenthood is by far the best job I've ever had.







No comments:
Post a Comment