 |
| Cake time! |
 |
| A few sweet treats we had for the party |
 |
| Uncle Bradley's note to Landry |
 |
| Some activities for the big kids |
 |
| Loves icing like her momma! |
 |
| The cake! |
 |
| She was so gentle at first... |
 |
| Thanks for the giraffe toy, Abby! |
 |
| Loved playing with the boxes as much as the toys |
 |
| Celebrating her real birthday at the park |
 |
| More cake! |
 |
| Getting ready for Charlie and Gabriella's birthday party |
 |
| Sunday morning in her pillow fort daddy built on the bed |
 |
| Trying to walk like Charlie |
 |
| Playing with her besties |
 |
| Lounging with dad outside watching the pinata fun |
It's hard to believe Landry turned one last week.
We celebrated the big day with a party at the house. It was a small little gathering with a few of her friends and family and a gaggle of mimosas. My mom flew in for the occasion (poor Papa had to stay back in California to move into the new house), which was really nice.
I bought some activities for the big kids (sidewalk chalk, jump ropes, a pinata!) and had a mini cake for Landry. Instead of doing a nose dive into the icing, she delicately dipped her finger into it. But after a little coaching, she figured out the game and got a little messy.
Landry received several cute gifts including toys, books, clothes, and even a mini bike from Uncle Bradley (she LOVES it!). On her actual birthday, my mom and I met up with Ari and Leila for a lunch date and then took the littles to the park for some swing time and cake. Ari bought Landry several sweet gifts including a mini laptop to match mine. It's Landry's new favorite toy and she totes it everywhere!
Several of her California "aunties" also hooked her up! Robin sent the cutest floral cake and teddy bear; Michele gifted her a chic little beach cover up, swimsuit and hat. And Kandi, thank you for the monogrammed plate and bow! You know I'll put her in that bow as soon as I can make a pony...
Last week while my mom was in town I canceled Cristina so we could have quality time with the peanut. We took her everywhere from antique shops to lunches around town. Luckily Landry is getting over the pain of her most recent tooth so she was a gem for most of our outings.
She has grown up so much over the past two weeks. She now refuses baby food and rarely wants a bottle. She loves "big girl" food, especially avocado, refried beans, and Mum Mum rice crisps. If I would give her 100 Mum Mums a day, she would probably tackle them.
She had her one year doctor's appointment on Thursday. She weighs 20 pounds and is 30-inches long. That puts her in the 30th percentile for weight and 75th for height. The poor thing had to endure four shots and did not like it one bit.
On the developmental front, she's starting to try to crawl. She also does this funny headstand thing with her booty in the air like she's almost trying to stand up. I'm not sure which she'll do first at this point but I'm pretty sure she'll be mobile before long.
Today we had the twins' birthday party. It is so much fun to watch those three together. Paula only had family and us and Jon over so there were just three babies on deck. Charlie is walking with a walker now and Gabriella is a crawling machine. Landry definitely got inspired while with them and took a stab at crawling. But, alas, she got tired of it and chewed on some toys instead.
This weekend was really, really great. Michael and I spent major quality time together and with Landry because he will be out of town next week and weekend on his annual boys trip. Yesterday we went to a vintage clothing show in town to see what it was all about. I scored big time with a pair of Chanel pants and belt and a dress, tunic, and handbag. Landry loved looking at all of the clothes and wanted to touch everything. If she's my only girl, she will luck out in the hand-me-downs one day!
The next couple of weeks are very busy. Michael's business is revving up big time right now and he's often entertaining clients and flying all over the state. My flea is three weeks away and I'm working on the expansion nearly every day between space planning, web design meetings, etc. My new interior design client also has me crazy busy. I'm traveling to Missouri on Thursday for my first on-site meeting.
Luckily, before I took on this job I had booked a trip for Michael and me to the Bahamas. We'll be there one month from now. Even though we'll miss Landry, I can't wait to relax for a few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment