Monday, February 18, 2013

Photo shoots and play dates


Playing around with the peanut at home



Valentine's Day with my sweetie


Swinging with Henry

Loving on her V-Day bear from Mimi and Papa

Not loving her bows so much these days...

Baby Henry!

Mesmerized by the Perot Museum


Family play date at the Perot
This past week was a total blast with the bambino.

On Thursday, DallasChild took over our house for a photo shoot.  A while back the magazine asked to do a story on our nest and take a photo of me and the little birdie.  I was hesitant to agree (I'm by no means finished with our interiors) but I thought it would be a fun memory for Landry to look back on as well as be a big bonus for the flea (they agreed to run the story in the April issue to be timely with my April 13th market).

Valentine's Day evening Michael and I took advantage of the "manny" (Michael's new nickname for Bradley) and went out to dinner for a little date.  It was a lovely evening and a full circle moment as we realized the last time we had been to the restaurant was two days prior to delivering Landry.  What a difference a year makes!

This weekend was jam packed with activities and fun.  Friday night we had a little neighborhood crawl with a couple and their 20 month old daughter Eloise.  I was introduced to this darling couple several months ago by a friend.  They live one street behind us so we finally got a date on paper for the husbands to meet.  We started at their place for drinks and apps and then scooted down the alley to have dinner and dessert at our casa.

We had a ball ending the evening about five hours after putting back our first glass of bubbly at their place.  The girls bonded big time; at one point we had an impromptu dance party at our house to their daughter's favorite Flo Rida song!  Landry giggled like crazy.

Towards the end of the evening (luckily Eloise has rock star hours like Landry) we put the girls in our big bed in front of a movie.  When I went to check on them at one point Eloise had Landry's binkie in her mouth and Landry somehow had one of E's shoes and sippy cup!  They are clearly fast friends and will have a ball tearing it up at Bradfield Elementary one day...

Saturday I took Landry to the park and ran in to our friends Nic and Miles and their little guy Henry.  The kiddos had a blast swinging side by side.  Ironically that night, Nic and Miles came over for dinner along with two other couples.

With the house sparkly clean and full of fresh flowers from the photo shoot, I had organized a dinner party.  We hired a sitter to hang with Landry upstairs since Michael and I would have our hands full hosting.  Our friends Natalie and Camden shared the sitter and brought their three month old son over.  Landry loved having a play date -- so much so that we found her upright in her crib watching over the little guy in his car seat on the floor in her room when the party was over at 11:30 p.m.!

Yesterday we met Kyle and Lindsey and their gang for brunch and then hit the new Perot Museum of Nature & Science.  We put our new membership to use and loved it.  Landry slept the first 30 minutes or so but woke up just in time to enjoy the dinosaur and wild animal portion.  She was wide eyed as Michael carried her around the huge stuffed animals.

This morning I addressed all of her birthday invites.  I can't believe she will be one in a few weeks.  My mom is flying out for the party.  We can't wait to see her!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment