Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Bye bye summer


This boy is obsessed with Mickey 





Added another building to the mix for our Nov. 7th show

Landry's new backpack for school


Launching off to swim with daddy


This boy loved the lake.  Silly mommy left his bathing suit at home.

Smiles on board

This gorgeous critter joined the party at the lake 



Swimming with daddy and "the fishes"
Cruising back to the house with Mickey post boat fun

Riding home with Mickey; he doesn't leave his side -- or head

A fun article published recently by D Magazine about the flea

Leaving the first day of school.
Landry refuses to pose for photos these days...

Playing with my jewelry post work today

Today was the kiddos' first day of school.  Landry did great, Barrett was a sad, soggy mess.  He's such a momma's boy; he was far from happy to be away from home.  Although I feel so bad for my sweet Bubba, I am happy the kiddos are back to school, in a routine and meeting new friends.

This weekend we celebrated the end of summer to the fullest.  We took the kiddos to the lake house with our friends Amie and John.  John brought his boat so we could finally get some sea legs on our lake.  We had so much fun.  And the kids were in hog heaven.  Lake Palestine is absolutely beautiful.  We literally owned the place, it's such a nice, peaceful lake.  And the surroundings are so pretty.  We are officially on the hunt for a boat.

The kids were obsessed with the water.  They spent hours swimming with Michael and John (I can't soak in water still post surgery).  Barrett was so excited he was jumping off the boat into the water by the end of the day (that's at least a 1.5 foot drop).  The boy has no fear!!!

As school is revving up, so is Cobb Interiors and The Dallas Flea.  I'm busy pulling two beautiful new builds together for installs in early winter.  The flea is beyond bustling.  In addition to gearing up for the November 7th show we secured a new venue for 2016 and are 90-percent done with landing a location in Houston.  I fly down in two weeks to finalize the deal and meet with some local vendors.

The kids are doing really great.  Both are talking more and more and obsessed with dancing.  Their favorite musician right now is Katy Perry and they request it every morning while eatting their cereal.    This age is really fun.  Although I could totally leave the biting (Barrett) and bossiness (Landry), I love seeing their little personalities forming.







No comments:

Post a Comment