Holda from Madrid! I landed here about an hour ago and have another hour until I take off for Marrakech, but more on that in a bit...
Some updates: Last week, I was in Rockport for two days with clients. As soon as I got back, Michael took off for his annual March Madness boys' trip. Of course during my week of watching the kids the headlines at home were gloomy weather and kids with colds.
We got through it though with lots of movies, playroom time and cuddling on the couch. Luckily, one night I had a fun girls night with Lindsey to break away from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and cabin fever. Sunday was actually loads of fun: I had brunch with Jaclyn to meet her newborn daughter Vivian and later that day I holed up at my friend Kim's house for a play date and to catch up with our girlfriend Gigi who was visiting from NYC.
Monday I moved my office. Paula and I were busting at the seams so she took over our space and I moved operations into my backhouse until I find the flea a permanent home. Once that happens, I will move my office there or use both spaces.
Tuesday I did a quick daylong install at the lodge. It went really well and I'm happy to say that the project should be officially tied in a bow now.
The past couple days I've chilled out on the workfront to get in some quality time with the family from Landry's ballet class to playing with chalk on the patio (we finally saw the sun again after a serious month-long hiatus) and a cookie date post school. Michael and I even squeezed in a chic little lunch out this week to suffice for our lack of date nights lately.
I have to say, Landry has been a bit of a challenge lately. The past couple of days she's been really lovely but when Michael was out of town I was considering running for the hills. She's in this new phase of whining -- a lot. It drives me crazy. We're working through it but boy it pushes my buttons. Thankful for some downtime on vacay to read a toddler parenting book. I need tips for understanding this little person with so much spunk!
Barrett is starting to run, which has a whole other bag of challenges. But I can't complain because he is still the sweetest thing. He just laughs and giggles and wants to be around his big sister. Of course he admires her so he's learning all of her bad habits. His go-to word is "no!" even if he means yes.
Yesterday I took off for eight days abroad to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday. Unfortunately Michael had to stay back to watch the kids. But, I'll be here with my parents, brothers and some of our closest family friends. It's going to be a trip of a lifetime. Really looking forward to hanging out with my loved ones, chilling out and getting some sleep.
I'll report back with details soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment