Sunday, February 23, 2014

New office and weekend roundup

A peek inside my conference room

Our front door!

Landry testing out my new office supplies


Her first messy bun!  


Landry loves to hold her brother

Going in for a kiss

Kyle's 40th birthday party

Barrett's first antiquing experience outside the womb

Landry stealing my sunnies in the cabana



Sporting my new shades

Kicking back with Barrett 

Bradley shot this on our way off to Whole Foods to grab dinner
The dozens of poopy diapers, kitchen cleanups and nighttime feedings aside, the weekend was pretty perfect in my book.

The weather was absolutely perfect and we enjoyed as much time as possible outside with the kiddos.    We spent the majority of our days in the cabana playing games, drinking wine and watching Landry draw on the concrete with chalk.

We kicked off the weekend Thursday with a date night thanks to Bradley offering to babysit.  We grabbed a delicious dinner down the street and enjoyed some one-on-one time after Michael had been out of town last week.

Last night we had Michael's best friend's 40th birthday party.  It was our first night out with a hired sitter watching the kids.  With my breastfeeding our night was far from a wild one, but it was nice to get back out on the town and catch up with old friends, even if only for a few hours.

Today was my absolute favorite kind of day.  We woke up with no plans in the world.  That turned into a pancake-filled brunch at our favorite place in town, more chilling in the cabana, and a walk with the kiddos that landed us at Whole Foods to pick up dinner.  I even snuck in a couple of hours of antiquing with Barrett while Landry napped and scored some vintage jewelry and decor items for the house and clients.

This week I finally settled into my office.  It's been so nice to have a place outside of the home and Starbucks to plug away at work.  And don't get me started on the luxuries of an assistant.  Angela has made my life so much easier!

I have a large warehouse space so, for the time being, I've subleased some of it to my friend Paula.  I really like the arrangement and hope we can make sharing the space work.  It's so fun to have her around and her gorgeous line -- she makes fashion and home goods -- really make the office extra beautiful.

This week we wrapped up a small remodel at home turning the upstairs laundry room into a play room.  Landry loves the space!  It turned out so cute complete with a chalkboard wall, colorful carpet tile floor and cubbies galore for her toys.

Just as we wrapped that project up, we had the upstairs guest bathroom demolished.  We've wanted to do this forever and finally decided to take it on.  I selected some materials I'm really excited about and hope we have it complete in time for my mom's arrival next month.

As our family grows, I find that we are spending more and more time at home.  It's just easier many times between naps, lugging around the gear, messy mealtimes, etc.  So, we've made a major effort to make the house our little sanctuary.  I'm so thankful on days like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment