Sunday, July 15, 2012

Four months

Happy in her baby bjorn sporting her new sunhat

Loves that little tongue!

Lunch date with my friend Karla at La Duni

Bath time!

Oh, the drool!

Those big blue eyes courtesy of daddy


On Thursday, Landry turned four months old.  I can't believe how fast time is flying by.  In another couple months I'll be mulling over her first birthday party plans!

She weighed in at 14 pounds; she's in the 95th percentile for height, 75th for head circumference, and 50th for weight. She's so long she basically skipped the three month clothing phase and is now sporting her six month stuff.  She's in size 2 diapers -- she's so big (mostly tall)!

She's drooling like crazy with this teething phase and nibbles on her bottom lip like a chipmunk.  It's the cutest thing although you feel for her.  I'm not sure, but I think her hair is starting to fall out a little bit.  I'm not finding it around places but the top and back of her head seems thinner to me.

Her eyes are still blue and her eyelashes just got dark which makes them look so long.  She has the prettiest, biggest eyes!  She smiles like crazy and makes the cutest/funniest expressions.  She still smiles with her tongue out which is darling and hilarious.  She's discovered and her hands and feet often times grabbing her toes and pulling them to her head.  If you put something out in front of her she'll swing at it and sometimes even grab it and hold onto it.  She loves to hold my fingers while feeding her or walking her around in the baby bjorn.

Her head is getting really strong and she holds it up for long periods of time.  She loves her baby bjorn (facing out, not towards me).  We go on a walk around our street everyday for her to look out and she just loves it.  I talk to her about her surroundings -- the trees, flowers, birds -- and she coos back to me.  It's one of my favorite part of our days.  We usually try to do this around 5 p.m. when daddy gets home to greet him.  She gets the biggest smile on her face when he pulls up and gets out of the car.  Melts my heart every time!

She's no longer needing to be swaddled to sleep (thank goodness, I was never very good at it) and is back to sleeping through the night until 6 a.m.  She's starting to roll over but not quite all the way.  Just two more weeks in her pack-and-play before we head to California for a bit and then she'll be in her big girl crib in her room upstairs!  Because we only have her two more weeks with us downstairs, I'm relishing our morning snooze in our bed after her 6 a.m. feeding.  I'm going to miss that snuggle time so much!

This week we started feeding her real food.  We've started with bananas and she's doing pretty good so far.  She swallows about as much as she smears on her outfit but she's definitely enjoying the new taste.  We are going to start making our own food at home and try feeding it to her a couple times a day to make sure she's getting full enough for a good night sleep.

Michael and I have started using our nanny's 19 year old daughter Stacy to babysit one night a week so we can have a date.  So far everything has worked out really well.  I thought I would be more nervous to break away but I've found it's nice to get adult time.  This Friday night we went to dinner with Paula and Todd and had the best time kicking back to Mexican food, margaritas, and conversation other than baby talk!

We're getting excited for our trip home to visit family and friends.  Speaking of, my dear friends Courtney and Ariana have both had their babies!  I've been so busy I forgot to post.  Both of their little ladies -- Amelia and Leila -- are doing great!  I've met Leila and she is precious at just five pounds. I can't wait to meet Amelia this fall when Courtney and I have our first play date with the girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment