| Landry earns her wings on our way to LAX! |
![]() |
| Landry with her great grandma, Mama |
![]() |
| My parents' new backyard! We said goodbye to the bathingsuit after a diaper change. |
![]() |
| Already a sunbathing pro |
| Landry and Henry's first date |
![]() |
| First dip in the pool! |
![]() |
| Landry hanging out in the cabana waiting for her friends Gabriella and Charlie to arrive |
| Pool break with the little beans |
![]() |
| Uncle Bradley feeding Landry on the boat. He's a natural! |
![]() |
| Gigi and Kim loving on Landry after our Southern feast |
| Landry's first boat ride around Newport harbor |
Landry is getting soooo big! She weighs about 13 pounds and is so long she doesn't fit in outfits with footsies anymore. She's really gaining neck strength holding her head upright for long periods of time.
She's really alert and interacting more and more often mimicking our noises and expressions. She's just the most precious thing.
A couple weeks ago she and I traveled to California for a week of fun with my family. I was a little anxious about the flight but Landry was truly perfect not making a single peep (even with two poopy diapers!) either way.
We landed in LA and went directly off to dinner with my parents and all four grandparents (Landry's great grandparents). My Mama made a delicious dinner and we just hung out, caught up and everyone got a good snuggle with the babe.
The rest of the week was full of walks, beach time (love my parents' new beach house locale!), good food and even a boat ride. Landry got to meet many of my childhood friends and several of my parents friends. My mom's friend Dorothy even hosted a little taco Tuesday shindig for us with a group of my mom's besties.
The flight back to Dallas was just as great with Landry sleeping the entire way not making a fuss once.
Once we arrived home I only had a day until I hopped back on a plane (sans Landry) to go to Birmingham for 48 hours for Courtney's baby shower.
The day between both flights, my friend Gigi was in town so we had a Southern feast at our friend Kim's house in her honor. We gorged on fried chicken to celebrate auntie Gigi being in town (fun fact: I found out I was pregnant on Gigi's birthday last July).
Birmingham was such a fun break. I was nervous about being away from Landry and even more nervous about leaving her with Michael alone all day and night!
Luckily, though, we all survived and I found that it was actually nice to get a couple days off and a full night's sleep! I had a ball touring town from eating BBQ and burgers from iconic institutions as well as attending her gorgeous shower atop a mountain overlooking all of Birmingham. We shopped the cute little villages around her area and I bought Landry her first doll. She's a little old to appreciate it now but I plan to give it to her for Christmas or her first birthday.
Courtney is doing great; she's really starting to show with only about six weeks left now. She's not revealing a name, but says they've settled on one. My guess is Amelia, but we will see...
Even thought I had so much fun, I was excited to get home to my little family. I did arrive, though, to Landry in a day-old outfit (which means no bath) and a little cut on her nose (which means no nail filing).
Last weekend we had so much fun. Saturday night Michael and I had a date with our first ever non-family member babysitter. We went to dinner at Javier's, one of our favorite restaurants. I indulged on my favorite Mexican martini in town and loved every single sip! Afterwards we had a nightcap at Bob's for my favorite lemon drop. It was a martini crawl of a night and just the thing Michael and I needed after a long lull of date nights.
We had Paula and Todd over with the twins as well as Jon (or uncle Jon, as he's now known) on Sunday for a pool party and barbecue. We spent the day soaking up the sun, grilling out (Michael made some to-die-for jerk chicken), and just enjoying the three babies.
Landry took her first dip in the pool and really liked it. She took a little time to adjust to the cool water, but then loved kicking her feet around and sitting on my lap looking at daddy splashing about.
This week was my last off from Farrow & Cobb. I spent much of the week working ahead on some writing assignments and errands. Cristina, our nanny, is now over on a regular basis and it's going really well. She is gentle and loving with Landry and great with helping around the house. Her taking on our laundry alone makes my day!
Wednesday we had a little play date with my friend Nicolette and her new little guy Henry. It was so fun to see her as a new mom and meet the sweet baby (he looks so much like his daddy it's scary!). I also got to see a lot of progress at her home (Morgan and I have been working on it for nearly a year) and it got me excited to get back to work.
Thursday Morgan and I had a big staging job; my first day back. It was bittersweet being away from Landry but I enjoyed using that part of my brain again.
This weekend Michael and I plan to hit the pool with friends and hopefully get in another date night.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!







No comments:
Post a Comment