Saturday, April 7, 2012
Happy Easter!
Sorry for the long pause in posts! Needless to say, we've been very busy these days.
I can't believe on Monday Landry will be four weeks old. We've really found our stride with parenthood. Although she's far from sleeping through the night, we've learned her commands and have found a nice schedule that works for the family.
She is such a good baby our job is far from hard. Other than that darn 3 a.m. feeding, she is just perfect. She hardly cries unless she's going potty (or "making magic," as my friend Kim told me they call it at their house -- isn't that cute?!) or hungry.
Over the past few weeks we've had a few outings and they've all gone really well. It's important to us to get her out and about when there's a safe and appropriate environment. So far, she's had lunch and dinner on a couple patios (thank goodness for this gorgeous spring weather), The Arboretum with my mom to check out all of the pretty spring flowers, and even the mall for a quick lunch with Ariana and errand.
Several times a week I take her on a walk around the neighborhood, which she just loves. (I credit my walks and pumping milk to loosing 20 pounds so far. Just ten more to go!) If not sleeping, she loves to look around and just gaze into the sky. Yesterday my friend Kari came over and we took her on a walk to the local Starbucks where she was a big hit!
Today we had our first major outing to Kari's family's ranch about an hour north of Dallas. They hosted probably about 200 people out for an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos. It was a beautiful day and just darling to watch all of the colorfully dressed kids run around and play, fetch eggs, and listen to holiday stories read aloud. Although Landry wasn't able to participate in the festivities, we made sure to get her photo with the Easter bunny and watch all of the fun.
She's definitely growing every day. Outfits that didn't fit just last week are already a little snugger. Her personality is blooming, too. This week she giggled for the first time. It was the cutest sound ever! She's really moving her head and staying awake longer during the day.
Michael is getting closer and closer to her everyday. He's really helpful with feedings (we typically feed her my pumped milk from a bottle) and diaper duty. He loves to lay her on her tummy on his chest while she naps. They are just adorable together.
I still can't really tell who she looks like. She's pretty identical to my baby photo but when I look at her I don't see the exact resemblance. Her eyes are still blue; her hair is dirty blonde and straight. She has the most perfect coloring but we can't tell if she's fair like Michael or more olive like me. Michael and I both see a lot of my dad in her at times, especially her eyes and eyebrows.
Two weeks ago we had my dear friend Evans over for her newborn shoot while my family was in town. Pat and Jerry (Landry's Nana and Grandpa) also came over for the shoot, which was a ball. I had four looks pulled and we plopped, pushed, and wiggled the bean into cute poses around the house. Evans just sent the link to the photos yesterday and I plan to sift through them tomorrow to pick my favorite for her announcement.
It was so fun having my dad and Ryan in town. We went on walks, ate on patios around town, potted plants in the backyard, and had a killer meal in the cabana one night. We really just relaxed, caught up, and enjoyed each other's company. It was perfect. I already miss them so much and can't wait for this summer to be together again at the beach in California!
Mom my left last Sunday so it's been about a week watching her on my own during the day. In late May we will have a nanny so I can get back to work but for the time being I really want to enjoy her as much as possible during this quick baby stage. Michael went out of town one night this week and my first 40-plus hour stint was trying but wonderful. I've never once been frustrated by Landry (yet) because I know this newborn time is so short and a simple glance at her makes me just beam with happiness.
She's just precious and we are totally obsessed with this new addition to our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment